Sunday, March 27, 2016

Warren Party of Five

I've taken a short hiatus, and naturally I had to come back with a bang! It's not a typo and yes, we did our math correctly. Our party is growing from a party of three to a party of five. (Side note: I always did like the TV show Party of Five ... even though my mom said it wasn't age appropriate.) ... so I guess this is Karma.

For the most part the babies are out of the bag. We are having twins! After the initial shock settled in and we stopped laughing, we have not been able to keep this news a secret ... so this is probably old news and you could care less at this point. We have been total hypocrites and told our family they couldn't tell anyone, and then we told everyone we saw ... the cashier at Kroger, guy cleaning our carpet, the lady at the red light next to us; practically the whole retirement community knows. It's been so fun to see people's reaction. Their first instinct has been that we were kidding, and we have watched them intently study the ultra sound to see if it is a hoax. Then they kindly remind us that we will have three under the age of two.

Anyone who has known me for most of my life, knows that this is an absolute dream come true. Since, I couldn't be a twin, I have always wanted twins. I think my obsession with twins started with Full House and the Olsen twins. (Travis's obsession started this summer when he discovered the awful reality TV show Twinning.) I have already decided if Mary-Kate and Ashley can't make an appearance for the second season of the rebut Fuller House, I have two little nuggets on the way that will gladly take their spot! It should be no problem. After all, I was the president of the Mary-Kate and Ashley fan club and I own all their tapes. Did you know that they will solve any crime by dinnertime? But honestly according to my third-grade self, I owe these miracles all to my drug free lifestyle.

My only hope for them is that is Sam's Club Sample People are nicer to these twins than they were me and my imaginary identical twin. ... hey if it's good you owe it to yourself to get seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Post